Our Horse Sense Program is a unique and individually tailored program. Working 1:1 with a Program Guide alongside our beautiful rescue horses, participants are supported develop increased levels of self-confidence, social skills, communication skills, personal growth and self-awareness. Once a week for 8 weeks, participants will embark on a series of groundwork activities specifically designed for participants that enjoy connecting with horses. Activities include:
- Horse Behaviour & Safety – recognising ‘horse-talk’, herd dynamics, horse-play, non-verbal communication
- Basic Horse Handling & Welfare – making a connection, catching, leading and gaining trust
- Grooming & Feeding – use and care of equipment
- Groundwork Activities & Grazing Walks
- Mindfulness & Trust Technique
Please note that this program is not Equine Assisted Therapy. It is designed only as a social and overall well-being activity.
No experience with or knowledge of horses is required. All activities are on the ground – no horse riding is involved.
NDIS Client Suitability: this program is suitable for participants with mild physical, intellectual or social challenges. It is not suitable for participants requiring therapeutic care, supervision or support.
Sessions Length: Each session runs for approximately 60 minutes. The first session is a trial session to see if the program is for you – then you can choose to book in for the remaining 7 weeks.
Cost: $80 per session. This program is suitable for participants with NDIS funding for Innovative Community Participation.